Union Flag

Union Flag

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Introducing Helen Dennis and Maia - Heelwork To Music

My name is Helen Dennis and my dog is a working sheepdog called Goddess Spring of Jucando, pet name: Maia. 
I currently have 2 working sheepdogs, Blaise and Maia, and both have competed at HTM.  I first started training HTM in 2007 with Blaise.  We initially weren’t intending to compete and just wanted to do something for fun but of course we did and Blaise reached Advanced in FS and Intermediate in HTM. Following some health problems though, I made the difficult decision to retire him and he is now my husband’s faithful walking companion. 
By the time Blaise retired I was hooked on HTM so I decided that now was the time to concentrate on Maia, my younger dog.  Blaise had been so willing and keen to work but Maia wasn’t - she is not your conventional collie - and she thought she was better suited to being a lapdog, so some work was required!  She has been a challenge but despite everything she has taught me a huge amount along the way. In the summer of last year we not only qualified for Advanced but shortly after we also qualified for the Crufts semi-finals which was an incredible achievement. 
Maia is such a character, very loving, and she loves doing HTM.  I am incredibly lucky to have her, very proud of what we have achieved so far and looking forward to the future.  What an honour to be on the team and to be representing Great Britain!
I would like to wish all my fellow team members, competitors & reserves all the best of luck.

Please note that the Kennel Club is not supporting this team in anyway by selection or in any other way.  However the Kennel Club of Great Britain has given permission to Louth and District Dog Club to enter a team for Great Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment