Union Flag

Union Flag

Thursday 10 April 2014

Introducing Lesley Neville - Freestyle Team Leader



Hello, my name is Lesley Neville and I am the Freestyle Team Leader for the Team representing Great Britain this year and I have Dewy who is second reserve for the Freestyle Team.
It will seem quite strange to be at the European Championships this year and not be working a dog, but that will give me lots of time to “look after” the Freestyle Team!   I know what it feels like to compete in the Open European Championships as in 2011 competed in the OEC’s in Denmark with my Bearded Collie Angus as a member of the team representing Great Britain.  Our team was very successful, winning the Team Heelwork to Music Trophy and having the Individual HTM winner as a member of our team too!
Angus and I competed in both the Heelwork and the Freestyle divisions gaining an individual 5th place in Heelwork and 4th place in Freestyle
In 2013, I competed at the OEC’s in Holland with my Bearded Collie, Hamish, as sadly Angus was no longer with us by then and this year I chose to put forward my youngest Beardie, Dewy, for the team.  I was a little concerned that although he is very talented, he is inexperienced, but fortunately we had the choice of a good selection of strong and experienced dogs to choose from so he is taking his place as one of the reserve dogs for the team.
Maybe next year?

I think we have a great team, a very strong team, a very talented team and even though I will not be dancing with them in the ring, I will be dancing with them in my heart.

Good Luck Team!!!!

Please note that the Kennel Club is not supporting this team in anyway by selection or in any other way.  However the Kennel Club of Great Britain has given permission to Louth and District Dog Club to enter a team for Great Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment